IGNORED

Group Z Member Ron Wenderoff Passes Away

AndysPlit

Hello everyone. Ron Wenderoff passed away yesterday at his home with his wife Kay by his side. He was battling cancer for over a year. Some members of Group Z (based in the Los Angeles / Orange County areas) might remember Ron. He was famous for sporting his cowboy hat, handlebar mustache, and showing his passion for Z Cars. Ron was the owner of a modified 73 240Z, and then later a modified 76 280Z. His wife owned a 280ZX turbo, and in later years a 300ZX (Z32).

Ron was my high school teacher, and we stayed in touch since I graduated in 1995. He was the reason why I started attending meetings at Fudrucker's, and the annual Motorsport Auto West Coast Nationals, where I have had my 78 280 on exhibit since 1998. Above all he was a good friend and I will misss him.

To those that knew him, his funeral is tomorrow (Friday, September 20th) at Mt Sinai, 5950 Forest Lawn Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90068. Services start at 2pm. Please bring your Z if you attend. That is how he would want it.

https://www.facebook.com/ron.wenderoff?directed_target_id=0