280z face lift - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280z face lift

Featured Replies

Good morning everyone,

I currently own a 1975 280z and have the opportunity to get a 240z shell. I've read that they both use the same chassis and the difference from the exterior are the front and rear turn signals. I would like to convert my 280z to a 240z and I was wondering if all the interior and drive train of my Z will retrofit in the 240z.

280z and 240z are NOT same chassis. Some 280z interior parts can fit 240z, but not all.

Drive train is OK if your 240z is newer than '71 I guess.

  • Author

Thanks for replying tamo3, I just researched more and you are correct, they are not the same chassis. It's a 73'. How about the suspension? Do you know if they will fit? I just want to have a 240z body with newer internals.

If you are just talking about face lifting the 280Z, you will come into some problems converting it.

The rear quarters dont have the recesses for the bumpers. The tail light panel will need modifying to fit the 240Z tail lights. The 240Z front centre valence section wont fit because the cross member in front of the radiator is too low. This can be fixed by fitting a air-dam with the 240Z turn signals.

The reason I know this: Been there, done that. Or should I say; doing that. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/body-paint-s30/48611-fitting-240z-bumpers-valences-280z.html

Chas

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I am getting a FREE*240z*shell. I want to put all my*280z*parts to make it run and register it.

Now I understand. When you said "280Z face lift" and "convert my 280Z to a 240Z" I thought you wanted to make your 280Z look like a 240Z.

It really depends on how handy you are and how much a shell the 240Z is. The list is LONG and you will run into the smallest things. Things like the brake and fuel lines from front to back are totally different. Dash and fuel tank are different. You can overcome this but its a lot of work.

Chas

  • Author

Thanks so much Chad! I did more homework and I can't afford the parts that I would need to replace at the moment. I will have to pass. Thanks again and sorry for the confusing thread title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.