IGNORED

Does this kind of place exist?

PhillipL

Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space or maybe a lift for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car easier. Any info would be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after digging a little I actually found a place called “Your Dream Garage “I went to check them out yesterday to do my brakes. I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. They have every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a to work on your car, you can’t beat it... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com

Wow, had no idea. Remember renting a lift space for an hour, years ago in Arizona, to do something or other, don't even remember which car or truck it was - don't think they even had tools. My truck needs a front end rebuild I can't afford and they only let me do minor maintenance here - wonder if I could finish in a 12 hour day ?

I know a self serve garage opened up about a half hour south of Seattle a year back or so.

Never checked it out myself but it sounds like exactly the kind of business you're looking for (only about a thousand miles out of your neck of the woods, can't have everything I guess.)