timing chain diff. ???? - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

timing chain diff. ????

Featured Replies

is there any differance between the timing chain on a l24 and l28? I am rebuilding an l28 and dont want to have to buy another timing set when I could just swap the brand new one off my l24

I just put a L28 head on a L24 block - i used the L24 chain & gears. It did'nt seem that there was any differance.

I would use what you have. If there is a little differance in length the chain tensioner will adjust for it.

-Jeff

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.