IGNORED

No start after auto to manual trans swap

rocketman442

I swapped my 74 260z auto over to a manual. Once completed It wont crank over, Starter was tested good and fires the car right up when 12v is applied to small terminal. I have 12v coming thru the splice where the neutral safety is bypassed. I only have 4v to the small terminal. It started fine when the auto was in it, my question is there anything else that needs bypassed for the swap or does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Dang 260's and their 'safety' crap. There is an interlock unit that has input from the seats, seat belts, ignition, voltage regulator, an Inhibitor switch (on trans or in shifter console??) etc... all of it aimed at preventing connection to the starter terminal. Tried sitting in drivers seat with seat belts on?

FSM with wiring diagram is here. Good luck!

XenonS30

Look in the BE Body Electrical section. End of that chapter has the interlock diagrams.