IGNORED

Your Fuel Mileage???

sjb15316

Just thought I'd run this and see what kind of mileage other owner's are getting. Also, if you'd like to give a brief history of any "modifications" you might have found to be useful at increasing your mileage. Might be a helpful tool for all the S130 owners.

It all depends on my right foot ;)

• If I am easy on my fuel I'm getting in the mid twenty's
  • If I am hard on my right foot I get in the in the low teens

The single best thing I did was to get my carbs adjusted with a AFR gauge - a lot of other mods but at least I know if I'm rich/lean without guessing.

• 8 months later...

So let me get this straight, you suggest that I drive my Z like my right testicle was between the gas pedal and my right foot so I get better gas mileage. Unless I was running near empty and the closest gas station was miles and miles await, why would I drive my Z like that? My Honda Ridgeline, the Civic or the Altima, okay, but my Z? I drive it like Mr. K envisioned - hard....

Mileage from 18 to 8 mpg with 3.2L NA using 100 octane, close ratio 5-spd and 3:90 quaife diff depending on how much I want to crush that testicle.

So let me get this straight, you suggest that I drive my Z like my right testicle was between the gas pedal and my right foot so I get better gas mileage. Unless I was running near empty and the closest gas station was miles and miles await, why would I drive my Z like that?

Fair enough, they are a sports cars...

On local urban freeways I'm usually on-task, driving from point A to point B. When doing this, I typically drive pretty conservative, which is also good for gas mileage.

Besides, I get plenty of adrenalin rush just avoiding all the cell phone addicted, texting-distracted idiots around me.

However, on an empty, twisty road like portions of highway one, 101 north through the redwoods or on Skyline, (if I think it's safe), then I have fun driving it like a sports car! ;)