Jack, shims and extinguisher came with car? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Jack, shims and extinguisher came with car?

Featured Replies

I was just curious if all of this came as part of the package for the 260z back in the 70's or what bc I opend up the compartment in the hatch back to find these in there and the diagram of how to use the jack taped to the lid of the compartment.

If these are from the dealer, any value to them or reason for holding on to them, besides practicality of the jack or just to keep the "original" kind of idea?

Jack and wheel chocks were original, but not the fire extinguisher.

  • Author

Ok, thank you. I was curious bc it's just a tiny little copper looking one and I was curious if it would be worth it to have it, buffed back out and held on to for the restore of the car

The fire extinguisher might be a "collectible" from 74 or earlier - but wouldn't be worth as much once "buffed". Check EBay to see there are items of like size/conditon/age..

FWIW,

Carl B.

  • Author
The fire extinguisher might be a "collectible" from 74 or earlier - but wouldn't be worth as much once "buffed". Check EBay to see there are items of like size/conditon/age..

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thanks for the tip!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That is exactly the item I was thinking of - when you described yours. I recall them being sold in the late 50's and early 60's. At least now you know you have a "collectible" - and not just junk. LOL

FWIW

Carl B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.