Quick Question: Redish Coil Spark - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Quick Question: Redish Coil Spark

Featured Replies

So my 1978 280z is flooding at idle. I was wondering if the coil had anything to do with it. When I unplug it from the distributor and move the coil wire about an inch from the body. I get a orangeish spark while around 1k RPM's. Shouldn't the spark be blue?

I don't see much use in that test. Measuring resistance and inductance of the primary & secondary sides of the coil tell you its health.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.