Transmission - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Transmission

Featured Replies

How hard would it be to change a 1972 240Z with an automatic transmission to a 5 speed?? What needs to be done?? And has anyone tried this before?? Thanks

This has been done thousands of times. There are differences in the 5 speeds as far as gearing the later cars are close ratio . '80--'83 I believe . You need the drive shaft and of cource the clutch and pressure plate and a new flywheel and throwout bearing and pilot bushing , Master cylinder for the cluch as well as the peddle. I suggest going to geocities.com/zgarage2001/engine.html there is a ton of info. for you there in all areas . What is the condition of your auto trans. I am running a '73 with the same one and do not want to go to a manual . I might be interested in a spair. Gary:classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.