IGNORED

Watanabes in Australia??

NickF

Hey guys, if this is the wheel you are after (attachment), I know that you can source them much cheaper in Aus. I will get in touch with Warren from Z Works here in Melbourne and find out where he got his from and how much. If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure I recall him saying he got them for just under or just over $200ea. Let me find out all the details and get back to you. I know his are plain silver. Will find out size, price and source asap.

Marc.

post-2903-14150792400514_thumb.jpg

Marc

I was about to post a topic on the very same lines as this - I am after some good Watanabe wheels also - obviously 2nd hand would probably be cheaper but $200 per wheel sounds good to me!

If you can forward the info to me also that'd be great !

The message from RS-Watanabe (April 2002)....

Hello Ben

We get a mail from you in this morning, and we don't have a dealer and distributer in Australia.

But you can get our wheels by direct.

We will be recommended wheels are follows.

DR30 F: F8 15-65RST+14.5 R: F8S 15-70+15 F: F8 15-70+21/R: F8S 15-70+15 F: F8S 16-70+25/R: F8S 16-75+20

S30 F: A14-70+3/R: B14-75+1.5 F:F815-70(+1)/ R: F815-75(+2) F:F815-75 +8.5/R:F815-80(+7)

F=Front R=Rear +~=offset

Price F8 15-65(All type is same price)=39,000yen(per 1wheel) 15-70=40,000yen 15-75=42,000yen

F8 16-70(All type is same)=48,000yen 16-75=49,000yen

standard color: silver & gold (Natural complexion)...Non-painted

option color: Add.charge 2,000~3,000yen (per wheel) we have many color variation, Red Yellow,Black,Brown,Blue,etc.

Air transportation price for Australia: 1set(4 wheels) 15inch?35,000yen 16inch?38,000yen

In an order, an estimate is sent. Then, We are waiting for your order.

?Prior payment is a principle.

Thanks

Racing Service Watanabe Co.,LTd.

T.Tsuruta(manager)

Sorry about the formatting....

(note that the correct offets are listed for all the sizes - they know their stuff)

Performance do 15x7, but I'm not sure about 16x8....

Panasports are available in 16x8

Ad in Ozdat: 4 16x8 black Watanabes from a Silvia. $550.

Already sold... :(

by the way, I'm no wheel expert so what kind of information do I need before I go and find a wheel?

I've found the following details for my K:

28 positive offset

4 / 114 stud pattern.

Is this the same as the 240Z ? Do I need anymore info?

I talked to C-red recently on another forum, (bloke with the GC10 skyline from perth) and he said he is now the official watanabe distributor in oz.

Fire him an email or go to his site at www.c-red.com.au

he registered receently on this site too.

dont expect rims for 200 dollars though.. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Really sorry I haven't posted this earlier, haven't been online in a while, been working on my 240z trying to get it on the road asap. I found out that the wheels are superlites, 15X7, and are roughly $220 ea. new with silver coating I believe. I hope this info is still valid, I'm just passing on info from Warren, I haven't called to confirm the prices.

The name of the place is Highway Tyre ervices Pty Ltd,

Address: 104 Governor Rd Mordialloc 3195

Phone number: (03) 9580 7900

Sorry once again guys.