IGNORED

OEM Nissan parts store online -- nissanpartszone.com

Wade Nelson

Just in case anyone hasn't already discovered it, Nissan themselves has an online parts store.

Great parts breakdowns, pictures. heres an example

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/components/1981-nissan-280zx_nozzle-duct-273-1388_2.html

Unfortunately, it won't accept anything less than a 17 digit VIN #, preventing me from entering my ZX's 11 digit VIN for compatibility checks.... I emailed them about this "problem"

Perhaps if a few of you do likewise, maybe they'll fix it....

Prices actually seem pretty good, shipping costs not so good.

post-26864-14150819743641_thumb.png

No matter where you go - if you have a 240Z - Parts are getting harder and harder to find. Many of the vendors show Part Numbers as good - with a note that they are available in 7 to 10 days. Then you get a "back order" notice - and months later the back order is still not filled. Finally it is cancelled... Let's face it - the cars are 40 years old now.

FWIW,

Carl B.

That site is YET another of the Nissan Fast insertion sites-much like CourtesyParts.com, but it does give you full part numbers! That makes it good tool for checking the prices and actual rarity of ebay parts-too many sellers calling everything that is still available RARE! Competition is good for people looking for parts!

Edited by hls30.com

That makes it good tool for checking the prices and actual rarity of ebay parts-too many sellers calling everything that is still available RARE! Competition is good for people looking for parts!

True - but - "available" doesn't quite tell the whole story really.

According to the sight in question all the following parts are available and at reasonable prices.

27118-E4400 Heater Hose {to control valve}

16089-N3300 Braided Hose AirCleaner to Front Carb

16086-N3302 Braided Hose Water Front Carb to Rear Carb

16085-N3302 Braided Hose Con to Front Carb

27118-E4400 Braided Hose - Heater Valve

27181-N3000 Braided Hose- Heater Inlet

The problem or misunderstanding is that from Nissan's point of view - they can supply a newer part that has the same form, fit and function. Not the same cosmetic look. When the parts arrive at your home - they will also have a later part number.. which has superceded the original.

Order the part numbers above but they will not be the Original Braided Hoses necessary to actually "restore" a 240Z to "as it left the factory" condition and appearance.

So - are the actual parts above "available" from Nissan - NO. Are replacement parts available? - yes maybe.

Sometimes the EBay sellers are telling the truth - the whole truth. Sometimes NOT. You have to know the difference and you have to see the actual part.

FWIW,

Carl B.

The official Nissan site is at http://parts.nissanusa.com/

The official Nissan site will ask for your zip code to refer you to your closest Nissan dealer for the actual purchase.

That one won't let you search on vehicles older than 1984.

I tried just entering a couple of part #'s for my 280ZX and it was a no-go.

Good points Carl, superseded parts can keep a car on the road, but are not original! I am going to be adding some fuel to that in the parts differences thread, I am parting out a low 800 vin (1/70) car that was sacrificed to the rust god too long ago to keep, I will be removing, cleaning. bagging, tagging and photographing everything-lots of early stuff on it that proves your points! Metal emblems, Toshiba branded beezels on the antenna and other parts, plastic fuel door twist, seat protectors, flat map lens, un-reinforced center vent, red dot mirror, , to AM radio, 2400 valve cover, early hose clamps, even the air pump is there! None of those can be found at the dealer, and all of those parts have been superseded with proper fitting though cosmetically different part. I'll add these parts to the parts differences thread as I picture them.

Even our local dealer is directing our club to order on line-we have been ordering with part numbers for several years...they are trying to consolidate personnel between two dealerships.

Edited by hls30.com