IGNORED

S30 in 3d

INST3D

INST3D,

Thanks for your drawing and posting the link with the pictures. I want to make a 3D drawing of the rear frame members to show where holes are for anti corrosion spraying and those pictures help a lot, though I still don't know if I can make the drawing. So many curves and angles in the frame for that part of the car.

Is there a possibility when you get done you could export your drawing into DFX I think it is called so it could be loaded into sketchup?

Thanks,

Mike

You are right, it is DXF. I have imported DXF into Sketchup Pro, haven't tried the others.

My modeling skills are very limited. I can't do 3D anywhere near as well as you can. I do enjoy very much making 3D drawings if I can use them to illustrate something, to me that isn't work it is fun. 3D can really communicate a lot of information quickly I think. I have wondered if there is a way to make a better factory service manual by making a 3D drawing of the early Z that includes electrical and other systems that can be captured from certain angles (or zoomed in) as ordinary JPG pictures but that is way beyond anything I can do.

• 1 month later...

Update!Now more-understandable :D

this

post-27563-14150820119796_thumb.jpg

gets smoothed

post-27563-14150820120338_thumb.jpg

gets chamfered(very close to final variant,need to fix geometry lil bit)

post-27563-14150820120849_thumb.jpg

Are there any missed details?Or maybe something wrong with geometry?

now will try to fix the "X"

Nice drawing by the way. I asked if the panel was for a 280Z because my 240z has a couple of additional holes in that panel towards the left and down though at least one would be off screen in your picture. I don't know that the left/right panels are different I never thought to look. What is your goal with your drawing? I tend to put as much detail as I think I can do in my drawings but I don't know if it is always a good idea. Sometimes simpler is better for clarity but I like detail accuracy if I can stand to take the time to do it. Let your conscience be your guide.

Re-made the X,added a hole,fixed the geometry,now it looks as it should

post-27563-14150820142029_thumb.jpg

can you point me where the off-screen hole would be? :classic:

post-27563-14150820142545_thumb.jpg

The goal IN modelling is yes,getting as much detail as I can

Goal OF(maybe wrong preposition(bad in english),but you'll understand)modelling is getting a lot of expierience,filling portfolio,having an ability to make very good renders(also videos)with such a detailed car,and a few others.

Of course it's easier to handle less points,but getting maximum detail worth it.

post-27563-14150820141536_thumb.jpg

Edited by INST3D