IGNORED

Horn Assembly diagram

TomoHawk

Here is a picture of mine dis-assimbled. Not too complicated. Mine had a paper ring between the two rings, it was pretty much gone, I did not worry about replacing it. the work fine.

post-13827-14150819382517_thumb.jpg

Did you make some notes about the washers on the diaphragm? I didn't see the metal block in your photo. Mine has a metal block on the back of the diaphragm, and some washers of different thicknesses.

It wasn't easy getting the diaphragm cleaned up!

Mine has a different attachment arm. It's just a rectangular strip with one hole on each end. I was also going to use some RTV stuff in place of the paper gasket.

I wonder what that little Phillips-head screw by the mounting stud does.

Edited by TomoHawk

Which book? The factory manuals for the 280Z do not mention any adjustments. The manual for the '73 240Z provide instructions for adjusting the volume using the little screw. Set the screw so the horn draws 3 amps with 12.5 volts applied to the horn.

Tomo, the inside parts I took out and kept them together and did nothing to them and then replaced them the way they came out. I did not replace the paper gasket. The screw I did nothing to except to plate it with the other screws and plots and nuts.

• 1 month later...