IGNORED

240z Mechanical Fuel Pump

disepyon

This is not about the carbs, did not know where else to post this.

So my problem is that if i leave my 240z unattended for lets say 3 days, it wont start because the fuel lines are empty and fuel filter is empty. The pump will not prime the lines, i have to take a suction to one of the fuel lines for the carbs to suction the fuel through. Is the fuel supposed to empty out from the lines like that and filter? Also it seems if i drive my car everyday, and in the morning i start the car, it has trouble, because again, i think the pump isnt priming the lines and the lines are empty it seems.

What do you guys think? bad pump?

I replaced the filter in January, it could be cracked though. The only time i smell burnt fuel is when i roll down my windows. With the windows up i smell nothing. I read up on some other threads that with the windows down the fuel/exhaust smell might be because i have a rear hatch rubber seal that is worn out and leaking, with the windows down it creates some sort of vortex (i dont know) and sucks the air from the exhaust area into the cabin.

Engine runs fine, I dont see any leaks what so ever, checked everywhere. I am getting around 22mpg.

The filter i have is some cheapy Oreillys fuel filter.

Edited by disepyon