Removing air/smog pump and air galley question - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Removing air/smog pump and air galley question

Featured Replies

I am in the final stages of the reassembly of my rebuilt motor for my 73 z w/ automatic trans. My air galley is broken on a couple of tubes and i decided to remove it along with the inoperable smog/air pump. I purchased hex head bolt/plugs (6) from Mcmaster-Carr using info I took off another thread here for type & size.

What else do I have to plug up?

Would I be better off buying a new air galley ($130) and finding another smog pump? Any reason to do so?

I do not need it to pass inspection.

I also need a automatic transmission cooling line. It's about a foot long s shaped hose with the pressed on fittings. Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks,

Greg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.