IGNORED

Finally got around to putting my Mikuni’s back together today!

JLPurcell

I am recovering from surgery and dying of boredom. I, while thinking of something to do I decided to finally reassemble my original 240Z Datsun Competition Mikuni 44’s. They have been sitting dry and disassembled since the early 80’s. A couple of years ago I got the urge to pick up rebuild kits, linkage upgrade parts, new air horns, ventures and jets for street use, (close to $800.00 in parts from Wolf Creek Racing):rolleyes:. As I said earlier I just got around to putting them back together today. I ran across a problem, although I had told Todd (Wolf Creek Racing) what carburetors I had he sent me the wrong needles and seats. No problem, still in original packaging. So I thought! I called Todd and he explained that I had a set type RS5’s which had a 10mm base and I needed a 14mm base. He went on to tell me that he does not take parts back:ermm:. OUCH! I am not one to argue so I ordered the new, correct, needle and seats to the tune of around $90.00 shipped:tapemouth. This brings me to this question: Does anyone need a set of needle and seats for 40mm or 44mm Mikuni’s Type RS5??? If so let me know and I will make you a deal.

All being said it was fun to finally get to turn a wrench on some of my Z projects.;)

JLP

Carl,

Thanks for the kind words. I am ahead of schedule for my recovery and the post op reports look good.

Noticed your rally car post, it is truly amazing, wow!!!

As for the 44's I am selling them along with all of my other parts relating to the period the #29 was C/P. #29 now goes with a set of 50's etc...

I know someone will ask so here is a list of the parts that I can remember:

180 LSD 4:11

Set of Datsun Comp springs (2" drop)

Set of Datsun Comp 44's (updated linkage)

Datsun Comp 1/4" water pump belt set up

Set of original magnesium Mini Lites

Maybe a 2.6 block and crank with set of Aries pistons.

That’s what I can recall off the top of my head.

I am getting ready to clean out my attic of all prats which I will be listing here or on ebay soon. It is time to clean house.

JLP

Early 70's Datsun Comp Mikuni 44’s, one project finished, assemble complete!;) Upgraded throttle linkage including removal of nylon bushings then line bore to receive needle bearings. Very smooth action! I will have to install the needle and seats once they arrive.:ermm:

Next project? Assemble R180 LSD?? Have Mini Lites powder coated??

post-7454-14150818641311_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150818641599_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150818641805_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150818642005_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150818642214_thumb.jpg