IGNORED

seat belts

ovenfood

So from what I've been told there was a recall in 1975ish and the drivers seat belts were changed to auto retracting seat belts as opposed to the static length belts that came with the car. Now I have seen a few 240k's around and they all have had this recall action, apart from mine... Is there many people that are in the same boat as me and have static length seat belts??

My 73 Car has fixed belts

They are awesome

My Later coupe has Retractable ones

and the spare parts Sedan '75 had retractable ones, and a Campaign sticker on the door jam from a Recall?

I thought it was more to do with the age of the car tho?

Edited by Mastadd240K

My 76 2+2 has what I think to be the original fixed belts while my 77 has retracting belts.

No doubt the retractable belts are easier to access and to operate but my personal opinion is that the fixed belts are a better fit and provide better protection PROVIDED that they are properly adjusted.

The general caution I apply to any seat belt discussion is that anyone with original belts in their car needs to carefully consider the integrity of those belts. Any belts with any signs of wear or damage on the webbing should be retired / replaced. I am about to replace my 76 belts with a four point harness which is more comfortable and a far better fit than the original. However, should I not have been thinking about the four point harness option, then I would prefer to replace them with new fixed belts.

FWIW

Edited by boyblunda