IGNORED

76 280z Needs help on AC!!!

Baki

I need Help with my AC , im having problem finding expansion valve and AC compressor. I took my car to the AC shop and after creating the vacum in the system sucking out all the air the freon wouldnt go in. Summer is coming please help.

So, a couple of things. Your Z either has a plugged expansion valve or (more likely) a bad compressor. Does your Z have factory air or aftermarket? If your Z has factory air, then there is no replacement expansion valve -so you would be looking for a new evaporator and modern expansion valve. BUT lets not get ahead of ourselves... I would first focus on replacing the compressor and drier, pull down a hard vacuum (-25 lbs Hg) for like 30 minutes and then throw the first can in as LIQUID and you should be able to get the rest of the refrigerant to draw in (remember the 10:1 ratio!). If you have aftermarket AC, then you will more than likely have an modern expansion valve and if you can get to it - replace it! Also, you should be able to reuse your compressor clutch and save some $$$. Good Luck.