Yet Another Newbie... - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Yet Another Newbie...

Featured Replies

Greetings All:

Figured I'd post up. From the Portland, Oregon (USA) area.

My very first car was a '72 240Z. I loved that car. That was back when I was 19 - uh... sometime in the early '80's. In an effort to relive my youth, about 8 years ago I convinced the wife that I needed a '78 280Z. In a fit of reckless abandon I converted a perfectly good and fine running stock 280Z to a Holley 4bbl, headers, 2.25" exhaust, and MSD ignition. Then the wife said my "project" was out of funds. So the car sat for a while. Then I ended up in Australia for a couple years because of work. Back from that, I found motorcycles easier to work on. So the Z sat a while longer. I almost sold the Z at one point. That deal fell through luckily (bad economy and what not). So I decided to keep it. Last summer I set about getting it back on the road. It's mostly back up and running. Funny enough, the fuel pump packed it in last month as I was taking it on it's first multi-hour drive in years. A new fuel pump and a carb rebuild and she'll be ready for summer once again.

Still needs LOTS of cleanup. I have a three piece spoiler that I hope to get installed this summer. And I'd like a different front spoiler... MSA has a nice option I'm thinking about. Then it needs fender flares, headlight covers, and some decent wheels to be added. Then it'll start getting to where I want it to be.

As for the motorcycle projects, mostly '80's Japanese sport bikes, if anyone was wondering.

Later

Cool, show pics.

As for bikes: Moto Guzzi Breva 750 and 1977 Kawasaki KH400 (yes the two stroke triple, halls on a straight road).

I've always loved the classic 80's Honda 750.

Welcome! I was born in Portland (almost 62 years ago). My family moved to California in 1955. Been back there a few times; the most recent in 2002. Never owned an 80s bikes but I had a 1973 Kawasaki H1D (500cc 2 stroke triple) which was silly fast for it's time, and also a 1976 KZ900 (4 cyl 4 stroke) also very fast for it's time but somewhat heavy.

Welcome Gil

A few childhood summers in Grant's Pass...

And some amazing adventures with an '81 Yamaha XS100 Special (inline four!)

Kris

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.