IGNORED

new to the forum need advice

Wade Petersen

Hey Im new to the forum. I do Not own a z or have i ever. Im in the market For a new car. Ive always loved the z series but i honestly dont know much about them . Im lookin For a new daily driver thats decent on gas,fun to drive,and with a good selection of aftermarket parts. So my question is the z series a good choice. I also cant decide wither the 240z,260z,280z is better option. so Im lookin For some general information and your tuya opinion. ThaNks For your time

Imo the z series is great. A lot of fun decent gas mileage great looks and a myriad of parts that are fairly cheap. I would say a 280z would be your best option for a dd. Less prone to rust most likely going to.have.ac and a 5 speed

Yeah the price can really vary alot. I would say you can get a fairly nice 280z that doesnt really need much work for 4-6k. If you want one you can drive and fix up I would look between the 2-3k range. If you want a real gem youre looking in the 10k price range

First, Welcome to the forum!

Second, I am going to step in and make a few comments here...

Judging by your use of English in your post, I assume you are young, which means you have very little financial backing. I could be wrong, but I am going to run with that.

Now with that being said, you are asking which model Z would you want to use as a daily driver. The answer is that depends on a great many things.

Asking a near 40 year old car to be a daily driver is not out of the question, assuming the car is in near perfect condition to start with. Every 1 dollar you spend in the purchase of the car will save you 5-10 dollars later. That is no joke.

There is no way we can answer you unless you provide a realistic picture of your situation.

Answer these questions:

How far do you drive a day

How much money do you have to purchase a car

Where will the car be stored

What kind of mechanic are you

What kind of tools do you have

How much can you spend on parts every month

Does the car need to reliable every single day

What are your goals with car, like intended usage

What kind of weather will the car be subjected to

Please answer these questions honestly before you do anything else.

Asking a 40 year old car to be a daily driver is a tall order. A few members here do that, but they are very experienced and have a back up means of transportation.

I wish you luck.