IGNORED

fuel system issue

Memphis280zxt

So i was driving home one night after work and my car shut off about a mile 1/2 down the road. I have a fuel pressure gauge before the fuel rail and it was reading 0 so i changed the fuel pump. That didn't fix the problem so i replaced my alternator, fuel filter, spark plugs, and injectors. I also recently replaced the ecu wiring harness.

Now the problem i believe is my fuel pump modulator. I Wired the fuel pump up to my battery directly and it seems to pump too much fuel and floods the engine. i may not fully understand the whole fuel system so im asking for anyone's input who knows more.

thank you

• 11 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. First I thought it was the AFM, but what I am now doing is disconnecting the fuel pump from it's connector at the cars's trunk. It remedies immediately, the fuel pressure goes down until it runs off. Ten I reconnect the Pump and start the engine again. I continously repeat the procedure until it gets fixed. After some time I start the car will continue with the same symptom: Fuel Flooding Engine.

Haven't found the cure for this fuel flooding engine.

Thanks

The fuel pump will not flood the engine. The fuel pressure regulator, if working properly, will always keep the pressure at 36psi of less depending on the vacuum in the inlet manifold.

If you had 0 pressure it could be a problem with fuel supply to the pump (blockage in tank pick-up) or it could be in your AFM. The AFM supplies power to the pump after the engine has started.

Have you checked the problem solving sections in the FSM en the fuel injection manual?

Running rich could also be caused by a faulty temp sensor or wiring to the temp sensor.

Download the FSM and the 280Z/280ZX Fuel injection guide.

Success Chas

XenonS30

Edited by EuroDat