Track brakes shoe suggestions? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Track brakes shoe suggestions?

Featured Replies

I'm currently running Wilwood brakes in the front and stock drums in the back of my 240Z track car. I know I need to move to a set of rear disks at some point but time and money are delaying this upgrade at the moment. I'm looking for a little more brake balance front to back than my current system has with part store shoes in the back. I did some poking around on HybridZ and on this forum and it seems that some folks are recommending Porterfield S4 shoes for the track. Anyone have any experience with this setup or other recommendations?

We just tried the Porterfield S-4 pads and shoes last Sunday. The rear shoes seem to have gone away after a few sessions gradually becoming less and less affective. We adjusted the shoes which brought the pedal up a bit but the rears would no longer lock up despite having adjusted the prop. valve all the way to the rear. I spoke with a fellow at the track who was also running a Z with stock brakes. He has similar experiences with the Porterfield shoes and suggested they are not getting hot enough ?!? He said he was using Centric Stop-Tech linings with good results.

More adjustment. When you turn the rear tire it should stop immediately when you let go.

  • Author

What shoes do you like in the stock drums for the track John?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I can't seem to find Green Stuff shoes anywhere. I think they may no longer be made.

More adjustment. When you turn the rear tire it should stop immediately when you let go.

Ok. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.