IGNORED

clutch master puzzle?

mjr45

I rebuilt the clutch master and the operating cylinder. The master won't pump fluid thru, but if I take off the connecting rod and push the pump with a screwdriver it pumps, with the connecting rod in place, nothing? Weird, got me puzzled, any clues?:ermm:

The connecting rod is threaded at the end making it adjustable. You may have to loosen the lock nut and turn the rod in or out to correctly set up the system.

Read the factory service manual for details of the floor to pedal distance and so-called "free play".

The other thing of note is the PO must have replaced this master with an aftermarket or other Nissan master because the guts look nothing like the one in FSM. This one has a screw in the bottom that fits into a slot in the interior piston which has a rubber seal on each end and the spring fits over the end, the fluid passages are open from the reservoir to the cylinder. Its just weird that it won't pump with the connecting rod attached to the cylinder.