IGNORED

Identify these SUs for me please

Wade

I was always under the assumption these were from a 72, but I am unsure if the previous owner changed them out or not. I cant really make out the stamping on the side it looks like it says HJG46 W-F3 but I am kind of guessing, especially on the W-F3 part. It has a clicky type adjuster on the bottom and not the turn style knob. 3 screw on top and the round throat.

post-20806-14150817207098_thumb.jpg

post-20806-14150817205773_thumb.jpg

post-20806-14150817206443_thumb.jpg

Ok cool, this style of adjuster only has 5 slots and is not the knob style I usually see write ups about on adjusting, I take it it is the same concept just less fine tuning available. As in most info says turn knob in all the way clockwise and then turn it out so many turns.

I should of just put this on the other thread I got going but just needed to confirm the carbs.

Edited by Wade

Oiluj, when you say cylindrical with straight knurls are you talking about the plastic black knob looking type? Im just trying to get an idea of when this style I got was used and figure if whether or not these ones I have were ever changed. 6/72 was the production date from the Z these carbs came from. This guy on ebay has the same style on his rebuild http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-SU-Hitachi-Carb-Intake-Assy-Rebuilt-Restored-Warranty-/290646370116?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43abdfa744 (I sure wish I had the funds to just buy it!) and from what I have heard the 72's nozzles and adjusters are no longer available so I was thinking these adjusters actually came from the earlier series Z's.

Oiluj, when you say cylindrical with straight knurls are you talking about the plastic black knob looking type? Im just trying to get an idea of when this style I got was used and figure if whether or not these ones I have were ever changed. 6/72 was the production date from the Z these carbs came from. This guy on ebay has the same style on his rebuild http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-SU-Hitachi-Carb-Intake-Assy-Rebuilt-Restored-Warranty-/290646370116?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43abdfa744 (I sure wish I had the funds to just buy it!) and from what I have heard the 72's nozzles and adjusters are no longer available so I was thinking these adjusters actually came from the earlier series Z's.

That notched adjuster was the latest in the series and I'm sure was implemented to keep owners from doing wild and crazy adjustemments to the mixture.

IF you need more adjustment than the notches will allow just bend that sprng clip out of the way and adjust to whee you need it and bend it back into the first available notch. Nozzles are standard to all 3 & 4 screw Hitachis and we have them.