Thermostat housing sensor help!! - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Thermostat housing sensor help!!

Featured Replies

So I was cleaning my sensors bc my car is running a little rich and my temperature sensor switch the one with the 2 wires connected to it one is te ground and the other is connected to another wire and the ground wire broke off totally from the tip of the switch. I researched to buy a new one and it looks like no one have those anymore. Can I run without it grounded or is there any suggestion you guys have? Please I need help. My car is a 76 280z

I've seen this switch come up in discussion before (California models?). I've not seen it. The coolant temp sensor is the part that might be giving you grief with regard to your engine running rich. It doesn't have any wires coming out. Rather, a Bosch 2-pin connector (like the ones on your injectors) is plugged into it. Sorry I can't help with the switch.

I got this idea from Zedhead, try taking a small screw, solder the end of the ground wire to the screw(below the head) and gently screw it into the temp switch where the ground wire broke. It should work if you can make contact with the wire strands left inside the switch housing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.