need help please - engine died will not start - i am at wits end - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

need help please - engine died will not start - i am at wits end

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated. I'm gonna be working through it tomorrow.

  • Author

Fixed, it was a short on the negative side of the coil, shorting out in the dash. Whoever installed the newer distributor's splice onto the tach line was a little sloppy with some wire exposed which of course found it's way to a short. Glad I was working into the darkness yesterday and noticed the dim glow of the running lites or I would still be messing around with the ignition system...and cursing.

I really appreciate the help guys - thanks. I have recommended a couple of people to you Dave for the running light relay setup and will continue to do so, it's a good solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.