260Z 5 speed in 240K? - 240K Skyline - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

260Z 5 speed in 240K?

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm if a standard 260Z 5 speed manual gearbox will bolt straight up to an L24 engine from a 240K? I want to change from a Auto to Manual gearbox, and am not sure if one of these will fit. Are all the Datsun L series gearboxes compatable, or are there slight variations that I need to know about?

I just want to know which gearboxes I could use if I'm keeping the L24 in my 240K.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

simple answer yes all L6 box's fit. If you want to make lots of power you could grab the S2 S130 5 spd or make a hybrid box (but im talking well north of 300hp)

small RB,CA,SR box "can" fit with "some" tinkering but you don't really need to know about that.

  • Author

Thanks Ovenfood,

So I'll be on the lookout for a gearbox from either a 240K, 240Z, 260Z or 280ZX.

MR30 skylines have a L24E so thats an option as well

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Yes, MR30 are short boxes so no good for your K

sry bout that its just the last one i pulled was a long box (although the one before that was a short box but i just thought because it was a L20AET it may of been special)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.