IGNORED

73 240z rear drums won't bleed.

busted240

Excellent! I love it when a plan comes together!

I haven't looked, but I'm positive there must be a "gross cable slack" adjustment in the e-brake mechanism somewhere. Either at a yoke somewhere, or right at the handle you grab. If it holds the car now, it sounds low priority, but I'm sure it's adjustable for starting slack. Has to be...

Wow. That's karma. You must've pissed somebody off recently. :paranoid:

Hey, out of curiosity, did your new brake cylinder come with new mounting slider clips, or did you have to reuse your old ones?

I ask because awolfe over in this thread:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?44115-Brake-Cylinder-Retaining-Shim

is looking for mounting clips and a dust boot. It's been so long since I bought new cylinders that I can't remember if they came with clips or not.

PS - If your new cylinder comes with new clips, I betcha he'd love to have your old ones if you were just going to toss them. I offered him mine, but you'll probably have your brake work done before I do.