IGNORED

Hazards come on with the lights

steve91tt

I am having electrical problems with my 1971 240z. When I turn the headlights on both signal lights start to dimly glow. The electrical system is fairly stock. I've cleaned up the contacts on both the turn switch and the headlight switch.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?

You have a bad ground on one or more of the running lights and you are seeing a back voltage where the lights are grounding back through the dash lights. I had a similar problem before I cleaned everything and wired in the headlight relays. Couldnt say where the problem was, just stopped doing it once all the grounds were cleaned.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have Dave's relays on my 1973 daily driver. They work great. My track car is the one with the problem so I very rarely use headlights. I more concerned with electrial reliability than anything. I'll start cleaning grounds this weekend.