IGNORED

Z Neglect... (But there is a brighter side)

Threehz

I've been dishing out too much of it lately, and feel awful, even if it is not my fault.

Just rose over the middle hump of this semester of college. Working my arse off to keep up on school work and work work. The carport is covered in Z parts, and more Z parts lurking around in the house. (Had a whole room covered in parts before organizing) the engine bay of the Z has had everything out of it for a while now just waiting to be cleaned, scraped and painted. Engine is ready to repaint, boxes full of new parts to install, dash is on the final stretch of restoration... My Z gun is cocked but I don't have a minute to pull the trigger. I sadly haven't done any work on the Z for about two weeks not to mention barely been on the forums..

On top of all this I'm about to put my big SUV for sale as I just bought a new car! By no means is it a 'new' car though, it's actually only a month younger then I am. At twenty years old my new car runs great but needs lots of little things, and is definitely an enthusiast car. So now I'm struggling with all my energy to focus on the Z and not get carried away with my new girl!

So let's get to the brighter side! Saturday, Nov. 5th at 3:45am I wake up to pouring rain and freezing temperatures (Tucson was still in the high 80's to 90's until Friday). Get all my bags ready, drink a big mug of coffee and head out into the dark. I arrive at the airport around 5am, still raining and dark as the night. Surprisingly a bag FULL of tools including huge 27mm wrenches is allowed as carry-on, however my little 2-inch knife disqualified it. Anyhow everything goes well, just as 6am comes the plane begins to make it way around the airport for take off. As we rally up speed and prepare to leave the ground, light faintly tries to push through the dark clouds, then we're off, goodbye desert, hello city of angels. I experienced one of the most amazing and longest sunrises of my life as it chased us across the sky towards LA. An hour and a half after departure we arrive exactly on time at LAX. I go straight to the baggage claim number 4, where no one is waiting, is this the right one? Right as I round the corner of the conveyor belt my bag slides up to me. I am a little concerned at this point because everything was on time and my baggage beat me to the claim! I then get a text from the seller (of the car I'm there to check out) saying he is almost the airport. I go outside and in a few minutes I see the unmistakable little red box roll up. The rest as they say, is history.

Anyhow after buying the car I made the 600mi trip back to Tucson that same day. Arrived home at almost exactly 10pm. What a crazy adventure it was. Hope you enjoyed my story as much as I did.

Now for the most important part, pictures!

justhomefull.jpg

justhomegrill.jpg

rainshot.jpg

There she is, 1991 BMW 318is my new DD!

Z, you are not forgotten.

Edited by Threehz