IGNORED

75 280 Owners - Electrical connectors

LBO730

I have 2 white wires with bullet connectors coming out the top of the fuel injection harness under the kick panel just inside the door jamb) that I can't identify and don't seem to have anything to plug them into. I also have a stray black wire coming in from the engine compartment (in with the main harness) on the passenger side with no apparent connection. Also...... I have a wire coming off the water temp switch (I think) that has a round eyelet to go under a bolt that I cant' figure out where it goes. I have searched the FSM and the fuel injection supplement and have yet to find the answers. Thanks for any help.

I'm in the final stages of reassembly on this car after 5 years and I obviously didn't take enough pics. :ermm:

Check near the Battery for that same black wire. Tylers 76' has a black wire coming from the drivers side, across the firewall and to the battery's Negative post. When it came unconnected by accident, the car didn't start for 3 days till he found the unplugged wire.

I think it's the ground wire for the ECU.

By the way, a couple pictures go a LOONG way around here.

Show us what ya got and we'll see what we can do to help.

By the way, SAVE this link in your Favorites. It should have the info you need on those wires.....

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

Dave

Thats what I thought on the water temp switch wire. The "fuel injection" bible shows the 2 wires coming out of the FI harness but they go nowhere. Maybe they are for an accessory of some sort. The black one under the dash on the passenger side is still a mystery. Theres nothing to plug it to and its the female end of a blade connector. By the way mjr45, at what point do you hear your fuel pump come on? When you turn on the switch?