IGNORED

Clutch problems

Ok so I'm having a couple of issues with my clutch. First of all, the car hasn't been put into gear with the car on for 15 years. Up until today I had no petal, no resistance. Then, today I drained all of the old fluid, replaced the master and bled the system. As of right now the petal goes about halfway in (due to free play where the pushrod connects to the top of the petal which is one issue) and then at the halfway point will not go any farther. It is rock solid. I was forcing it down to the floor but later discovered it was the petal bending that made it go all the way down and that the pushrod doesn't move. Has anyone else encountered this or am I just missing something? Could the internals just be stuck from sitting so long?

First, get under the car and unbolt the slave cylinder and see if it moves when the pedal is pressed. If it doesn't the problem is obvious. If it does then re-attach the slave and adjust it per the FSM. If the problem persists you likely have an issue with the clutch pressure plate or throw-out bearing.

Go find your old master cylinder immediately.

When i did my car, i found that NEW master cylinder piston was actually shorter than the old one. I had to reuse the old piston on the new MC to make it work properly.

Also, change your slave cylinder now it will save you headaches later.

One last thing, did you change out the flex hose? They corrode after a while and create a 1 way valve scenario sometimes.

post-22536-14150816738275_thumb.jpg