IGNORED

Roof Liner, Header Liner and A Pillar Vinyl Installation

240260280z

on a side note to the headliner install... i tried to reglue my old headliner in but the old foam was too rotten. i used that super yellow adhesive that you roll on. wedgewood i believe, killer smelling stuff. after a week in the hot sun it bubbled again.

• 5 months later...

Here is the final pics ~8 months later. Sadly some of the bumps mildly reappeared but they are not very noticeable when in the car.

I like how straight the a-piller trim turned out.

Installing the mirror and sunvisor mounts was easy. You just have to use your fingers to feel for the hole locations, then use a philips screwdriver to make a hole in the material at the spot before fastening. But I used to take blood and developed sensitive finger tips for feeling for veins under flabby arms so maybe I had an unfair advantage at this chore. LOL

attachment.php?attachmentid=55120&d=1343389807

post-7641-14150819777666_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue

Looks very good. I started the install and realized I was missing the pinch weld protector. I threw it out when I removed the old headliner two years ago thinking the new headliner would be supplied with new one, wrong!. I ordered new one, thank god for Google. I don't remember how things got done in the past without Google. I guess we were slow and inefficient.

If you are doing this, you need to make sure that you use a heat stable adhesive. That 3m stuff is not great for the heat we have here in Los Angeles (98* today). I recently bought a gallon of some contact cement that is apparently not legal in California-but I can go down the street and buy all the pot I want. Anyway, I bought the cement for both my headliner, and to glue some foam panels to the interior of my warehouse roof for insulation. I haven't gotten to these projects, but everything else that I have used the adhesive on has held well, with no degredation or softening when hot.