IGNORED

Side Vent Hoses

Threehz

So I removed the dashboard and sadly the "tube" connecting to the driver side vent tore. It is made of what seems like woven something wrapped around a wire frame and whatever composes the tube is now hard, don't know if it always was or not?

Anyhow a whole section torn apart the wire frame is still holding it. It seems like it COULD be fixed?

Any ideas about what to use to fix this? I was thinking of simply using duct-tape or something similar, my fear with duct tape is one it might smell, especially with air rushing past it in that vent and also when I use the heater it may smell worse and even melt the adhesive on it.

I was thinking using some type of air-tight woven heat resistant material similar to what the original is to repair it but I have no clue what that would be or where I'd find it.

Anyhow any ideas, suggestions are very much appreciated, also I couldn't even find anywhere that sold this item but I'm sure there is similar generic tubing available so I could find that cheap I would go for that as well.

I can get pics too if that helps, thanks guys!

Get some replacement 2"" ID vacuum hose and replace it. Patching it is tough. VintageAir.com has a couple of sizes of their A/C vent hose that is excelllent stuff too.

Edited by zKars