Block Bore Size vs Headgasket Bore Size - L28 stroker question - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Block Bore Size vs Headgasket Bore Size - L28 stroker question

Featured Replies

Hi all,

I am building a mild stroker L28 and I wanted to run a couple questions by you all.

I have a 90.5mm bore diameter headgasket already picked out, and will have my block bored out to either 89 or 90mm depending on if I ultimately go with a 2949cc or 3015cc displacement.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any specific advice about the relationship of the headgasket bore diameter to the block bore diameter.

Should I skew towards the 89mm diameter for my block walls to retain a little extra meat, and maybe be just that little bit sturdier?

Or does someone think that a 1.5mm difference between the headgasket bore and block bore would be an issue I should be wary of?

Thanks,

-e

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.