Black Dragon Engine Mounts Don't Fit - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Black Dragon Engine Mounts Don't Fit

Featured Replies

Hmmmm the alignment pin below the bolt does not align with the holes in the front cross member. The pins are ~3mm too low.

The catalog says 62-600 [70-83] and the car is a '71 so I don't understand.

Before I slot the existing holes any insight?

post-7641-1415081573607_thumb.jpg

post-7641-14150815735804_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blue

this may be a silly question but are they on the wrong sides by chance? stuff like this has slipped me up before.

  • Author

Thanks. I tried both parts on both sides...same problem. Same part numbers in catalogue and on the box they came in.

The Nissan mating plates are left and right for anyone reading this thread in the future.

i cant tell from the picture, but is the pin notched on that one mount?

  • Author

Each shock-mount has a pin and a bolt, each corresponding structure on the cross-member has a hole for the bolt and a hole for the pin. The problem is the pin in the shock-mount does not align with the hole, it is a few mm too far away from the bolt.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Blue, I have a set of true Nissan engine mounts that I had on my turbo setup for 4 years and 5,000 miles (yes, 5,000 miles). Are you interested?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.