IGNORED

240 Tail light patterns, bulb configurations?

71ZZZZZ

...been troubleshooting my lighting and haven't found this information in one place, anyone have a link to something similar?

It seems that tail light patterns and bulb wiring configurations are different for 240s (obvious, right...) but subtle. I was searching for info that documented this. Found some interesting info...

#1 - 4/71 (mine):

L

B/T/R (1034) | T/B/Haz (1073)

R (1034) | Rev (1073)

#2 - ebay set Unknown year (need to confirm lighting pattern):

L

B/T/R (1157) | T/B/Haz (1073)

R (1156) | Rev (1073)

#3 - '72 (http://www.kamikazeracing.org/dl/ZTech/FSMs/240z/240z%20Tail%20Light%20Enhancements.ppt):

L

B/T/R (1157) | R (1056)

T/B (1156) | Rev (1056)

(flip the pattern for the R side, I'll try to find a better graphic) so I see differences where the running lights are placed and also the type of bulb for the upper inside element. On mine running lights are the outer two elements, although lower is only using the low side of the bulb, inside element bulb is a single filament. Can anyone confirm prod date for #2?

Edited by 71ZZZZZ
correction

Thanks Arne great link...interesting, mine don't follow your US pattern either, I don't think it's because I transposed the plugs in their fittings...(by "tail" you mean "running" light?)

is there a safety/legal requirement for the pattern? I need to get insured once I get everything put together, curious if that is checked at the inspection...

(just read Arne's edit, makes sense, my wiring may have been after the split...)

Edited by 71ZZZZZ