IGNORED

260z duel flat top carbs.

Linguini

ok i just got myself a 260z ('74 shell with a 75' engine) it hadnt had fuel through it in about 15 years. so i removed the plugs oiled the cylenders and all the rest. and any way it started on maybe 2-3 cyl and was smoking like crazy, im putting the smoking down to oil leaking thru the valves over the years. its not runing very very rough on 4 cyl. but it still smokes and wont idle...foot to the floor to get it to run. ive worked out that all the jets are just pouring out fuel and flooding the engine. im guessing i need new needles and seats in my carbs, were can i get kits, how do i do the replacment. and could there be anyother ideas/ reasons to why my cars being a pain.

thanks Linguini

Whatever you do, don't let this "pouring of raw gas into the cylinders" go on or you'll kill the engine..... I also would submit that that smoke could be from stuck rings which we have seen time and again from L-motors that have sat for extended periods.

We can supply replacement "early" carbs, but have nothing that relates to any kind of fix for flat tops. Maybe someone here can direct you toward a flat top fix.

While gasket kits are available, I have heard needles for the L26 flattops are NLA. A user over at Zcar.com asked me to measure the needles in my spare set of carbs for purposes of fabricating some, but I don't have time for a while to tear my spares apart.

Oops, I didn't notice you weren't in America. Hmm, maybe the Aussies or Kiwis could provide you a source for the needles, or did you get your hands on an American 260Z?

Edited by SteveJ

nope got aussie thru and thru, yeah cant get nothing hear either, im thinking i might have to fabricate them myself, ive got the skills and the time but seeing as everything in my carbs are worn eyond recognitin, ittl take me foreever to measure and make