IGNORED

The 280zxt starts a new life with a new owner--The Z Bar

madkaw

So I have posted here that I bought my daughter a 1981 280zxt a couple of years ago. It turned out to be a fun car for here for a couple of years at college-even amongst all the fixes it endured. Her traveling became too far and often for the car to be her daily driver so we decided to part with it. She didn't mind too much since her replacement is a 2007 WRX, but it didn't compare to the fun of the T-top Z.

I put the car on craigslist and had to endure the various low ballers and no shows. Then some guy says he wants to buy it and wanted to drive up from Louisville(about 2 hours) to come get it. He had been looking for that specific year,color. He told me he owned a bar in Louisville(ZANZABAR) and he would bring me a shirt---sure, I'll believe you when i see you.

Anyway, he showed and loved the car, and brought me a shirt and drove off to Louisville. I'm still not buying the bar owner bit---but his cash spent just like money! He invited the family down for lunch if we were in the area. Just so happens my son was swimming in at a swim meet at Lakeside in Louisville, so we stopped in. Well the picture tells it all and the Z bar is definetly worth checking out if your in the area--very cool.

post-7622-14150815405679_thumb.jpg

Wow, great pic, and great story! I remember in Texas there was a stately Rolls Royce Silver Ghost permanently parked beneath the canopy of the historic Stagecoach Inn that always seemed to fascinate me. But the Z makes a better mascot for Zanzabar!