IGNORED

In WAY over my head with this one!

dj's240

That's the attitude & that's what it takes. If it's a 240, then you'll probably want to pull the entire dash, track down every connector & plug and then redo it and when the dash is ready to go back in hopefully it mostly works. I doubt that it's primarily faulty gauges--it's bad connections I'll wager. Pulling the entire dash & motor harness isn't too tricky. I've found that a ground-up approach helps you find problems at their source. Clean all electrical connections, make sure they're not fried and when they're re-plugged, voila...it all works again! I love the Japanese engineers who built these cars, because for the most part, you can tell which plugs lead to the intended counterpart. However, if the wiring harness has been spaghettied and it looks like it's had some meltdowns, that's when you need replacement parts or maybe even professional help. But pros are expensive and if I were you, I'd tackle it myself.