IGNORED

Which year PCV hose do I need?

Healey Z

Kind of a franken motor N42/47 with an E88 intake all within a 1963 Austin Healey. I noticed there are different PCV hoses listed for the different 240z model years. Anyone know which year PCV hose would work for my set-up?

pcv%252520hose%252520needed.jpg

Hmmmm...it looks like Datsun changed hoses in 72. they have much different shapes to them.

Here is a hose specified from 1/71 to 6/72

I'm not interested in concourse or being correct, I just want to make sure the two ends go to the right place and don't interfere with anything.

pcv%252520hose.jpb.jpg

Your intake manifold appears to fit the early cars. (I see 4 screw carbs...) I would guess that the picture of the 71 hose is the part that would fit the manifold. Whether or not it would interfere with something on your rather unique setup, only you will know. (Unhappily, you may only know after you try it.)

That is going to be a fun car. I had a Healy back in 69. It had the big four cyl., can't remeber the displacement, but was a blast to drive. The one thing I do recall, the brakes were not one of its strong points. You may have to do a bit of an up grade in that area, but would be well worth it. Looks like you are getting close.?

Thanks Dobber. Fortunately my model (3000) has disc brakes up front and the car actually stops pretty good. I am getting close.....cut/paste of my to do list:

- Re-do trans mount

- Cut/weld exhaust

- Get Z throttle linkage

- Get PCV hose

- Get velocity stacks / air cleaner

- Figure out AH pedal to Z throttle linkage

- Reassemble/tighten