IGNORED

Completed 5 Speed Swap

That's great news.

But I guess I gotta ask, Why all the fab work.

The 260Z is similar to the 280Z in structure

I have a 79' 280ZX 5-speed in my 70' 240Z. It bolts right up to any L6 2.4, 2.6 or 2.8 liter L6

I can't remember what X-member I used but it was a Datsun one. The driveline was from a 72'? 240Z and the Clutch, pressure plate, TOB and slave cylinder were all off my 72' tranny parts.

Different year S30's have varying lengths of Drivelines and I used a 72' to match up with my 280ZX R-200 (3:90 LSD) Diff.

\I also had to widen the shifter hole in the body because the early 240Z's hole is further back for the series 1 4-speed.

The cross members vary from tranny to tranny but they are typically swapable to make one tranny work in another car.

So I guess I should ask, What fab work are you talking about? Was it making your own stuff or just modifying a few things?

Color me interested. Maybe it's just the Phrase "Custom Fab" that's peaking my interest.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

If he used the Borg-Warner T5 from the turbo cars, then some fab work would be needed to make a rear tranny mount work, and a driveline would have to be modified to fit into the T5, but aside from that I can't think of any reason for more custom work on that car....

Greg

• 1 month later...