Sensor Light on Dash comes on - Classic ZX - 2nd to 4th Generation - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sensor Light on Dash comes on

Featured Replies

On my 83 ZX, I found a wire unplugged under the dash just below the clove box. I plugged it in and the Sensor Light on the dash came on and stays on. I'm guessing the previous owner got tired of looking at and didn't fix whatever was wrong. Anyone know what the Sensor Light on the dash means?

  • Author
For dealer service O2 sensor light comes on after 30,000 miles. You have to unplug it.

datsun-240z-115642a.jpg

Wouldn't the sensor light go out after it had been serviced? If you leave it unplugged, how would you know that it needed servicing again after 60,000 miles? Not sure I understand why you would leave it unplugged indefinitely.

The system is to get the owner to the dealer at 30,000 mi to ck O2 sensor.

It dose not mean the sensor is bad. Then it's done it's job. Then unplug or look at

the light. Not every 30,000mi but at 30,000mi. I believe this is correct.

Z2a.jpg

Edited by black gold man

  • Author

Thanks for the quick replies!!! I think I understand now.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.