IGNORED

Struts

jazfe

Since the struts came in the mail yesterday I opened the FSM and read up on replacing the cartridges. Everything in the manual is spot on with the exception of rear struts. I disconnected the axle, brake line, upper side of the sway bar and parking brake cable. Removed the three nuts on the top of the strut then used a 2x4 to pry down on the lower control arm. The strut popped right out and hit me on the arm.........ouch..................but I didn't have to remove it completely from the car. I just attached the spring compressor to the unit while it was still attached to the control arm and changed out the strut. Easy. I used a bottle jack to inch the strut back into the three holes on the upper mount. Standing by the side of the car pushing the strut into place while pumping the jack with my foot. I'm sure it wasn't pretty but when you don't have help it's one way of doing it.:cool: