Best Sparkplug wires - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Best Sparkplug wires

Featured Replies

I am in the market for a new set of plug wires and wanted to see what everyone is running. I have a old set of NGK wires on the car now. I am thinking about getting NGK or Taylor wires.

Thanks

Greg

72 240Z

Get spiral-wound metal conductor wires. These have resistance values in the neighborhood of 3k ohms, while carbon core wires are more like 15k. Any reputable brand should be fine, I've got Jacobs. I've also got a set of Datsun Competition straight metal wires that are REALLY low resistance. Zero noise suppression, too. And not recommended for use with the MSD box.

I'm running Nology capacitive wires on my Z. They work great. The only thing that is bad about them is they cost close to $300.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.