IGNORED

240Z map light blub

Bulldog Z

Does anyone know what the bulb part number is for a 73 240Z map light? I know the bulb is 5W, but I need a number so I can order it from a bulb supplier. MSA does not have the bulb in stock. Thanks for the info.

It's a 31mm festoon bulb. The old part number is DE3175. It's the same bulb as for the dome lamp. For a replacement, you might consider a 3022-W9 or 3022-CWHP4 bulb from Superbrightleds.com. Swapping to LED bulbs will drop the current draw on your wiring dramatically. I've measured it. Search for my previous posts on LED lights. IMHO the extra paid for LED bulbs beats the time and effort fixing burned up wiring. Also, if you replace the parking lights with LEDs, it will take longer to drain your battery should you accidentally leave them on.

Steve

Thank you Steve, for the information. I will search your other threads on LED's. I have been thinking about making the LED upgrade, but I just haven't done so yet. Will you be attending Zcon 2011? I will be joing the Ga Z club as well.

Brad Richards