IGNORED

Fuel Injection Upgrade Options

24OZ

Has anyone gone to town with EFI on an L28 in a 240Z??

i.e, a custom programmable ECU system, bigger injectors, aftermarket injection throttle bodies on a Weber type manifold etc..

What have you done and are you happy with the results??

It is pretty well known around here I am a fan of FI. I have collected a bunch of info and photos and will put some of them together in a project motor in the near future. But be forewarned: I hope you are not afraid of being called unflattering things. Everybody will say you are stupid or wasting your time and "why bother?" and "That's a dumb idea." and "Just put carbs on it...it's easier that way..." or "carbs give you plenty of power...why mess with it?" or: "If you spent half the time you spend researching FI on learning how to tune carbs, you wouldn't be asking these stupid questions." or, my favorite: "You're a stupid idiot! You just need to put a V-8 in it!" then there's always: "Fu-el in-jec-shun? I'm gonna kick your arse!"

FI is IT, baby.

IMGP0641.jpg?bcIG6J.Aey99mhqm

IMGP0245.jpg?bcIG6J.Ay_Ei2ruQ

steve77

I am running an L28E in my 73, I am only using standard 82 (annalog) equipment by partno from the nissan cattle dog, computer, airflow meter, injectors and throttle body are all standard I am using the progressive twin throttle valve body but it is not huge. There are plenty of 65mm and bigger throttle bodies out there, but I have not got there yet. Here we have an advantage we also have cars running rb30 engines and rb30 turbo engines so fuel flow and digital fuel management is at the local wreckers yard. 65mm throttle bodies comes on every ford 4.0 litre injected sedan since about 1986 here so they are everywhere and that conversion is very affective on an L28 engine.

I choose to run the annalog computer because I can vary mass airflow figures to trick the computer. When I hit the ignition to start it purs when I dump the clutch and hammer it it roars.very happy.

Is this the kind of thing you are after.

Steve:classic:

Thank you Steves.

I have heard so many pros when it comes to going the EFI road that I am know more convinced then ever in concentrating on developing the EFI system. Steve C, you have summed it in one sentence "When I hit the ignition to start it purs when I dump the clutch and hammer it it roars". And I bet this is after the car has been left sitting for a few weeks or more too!

This is going to be a long haul project as I need to firstly spend ££££ on a good re-spray, new weatherstrip. badges etc.. and then go all out on the engine and injection system.

I am glad there are a few of us on here!! I will let you all know how things progress but as I said this will be a long project!

I have just put my car through a $6000.00 AUS respray and metal repair clean up, in the work shop for three months still fully moveable, and to quote the owner of the workshop ( MAN INTO 60'S PONTIACS) " you know for an old car it is great it always starts first time"and thats with no intertown runs to charge the battery. The efi upgrades are good but like yourself I will be looking very hard at any new components I introduce to my Z as I currently get about 28MPG on a trip and have been running this set up for over ten years, it is sweet.

Good luck with the repaint, I hope the guys doing the job are as good as the people I had then you will be very happy. Can't wait for the installments on the EFI upgrades.

Steve:classic:

post-3005-1415079233623_thumb.jpg