IGNORED

Finally, 2 years after my car rolled into the panel shop

Guest Flauski

Guest Flauski

The small clips (about 20 of them) that hold the stainless trim on around the front/rear screens are exactly the same as old school Holden ones. They are easy to get. Well they are easy to get in New Zealand so Ozzie should be even easier.

Super stoked with the offers of assistance Gents. I enquired here with a stainless spring making company and they said due to having to copy/profile/lots of labour finishing the cost would be up in the hundreds.

I will watch with baited breath to see if you guys find a cheaper option.

This Japanese guy has the idea and written a blog about it, but I cannot be bothered going to this level of effort - trim clip blog Besides I am a perfectionist and would not be happy they would stay on without the small teeth to grip the boot lid itself.

Edited by Flauski

• 1 month later...

Guest Flauski

Got some progress FINALLY!

I bit the bullet and bought the stupid F***DSJAKLDJSALJIJ#*)UY) clips for the boot lid stainless trim since the NZ to Yen conversion was the best its been in a while.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

Also got my "Skyline" centre badge re painted to match tail light panel. Its a little bit darker than the tail light panel but it looks better IMO.

Front struts in, dummy fitted my R32 4 pots to my front struts and R31 discs. R31 are 274mm and don't fit quite right.

IMG_0042.JPG

Also refitted my newly recond steering box, refurbed draglink

IMG_0043.JPG

Edited by Flauski