IGNORED

slapping Su

Just recently got into a 240z '72. 280 motor installed, but original '72 3 screw round top SUs. Drove it for a bit to find that it was well tuned to be at high idle. I believe this is to have the ol' girl stay running. I then had to ring a friend to grab me, as I was on the side of the road!! All this to say that, I rebuilt the SUs brought them back to spec and reinstalled( cleanest part in the engine bay ) got her running at high idle, but have a loud slapping noise coming from the front SU! was thinking that it might the mixture but no matter what I do it still there!! any suggestions

Is there any oil in the damper, correct weight?

I was thinking of that, but wouldn't that result in a wide swing in rpm's? It would certainly make a clanking noise. I was thinking that it might be one of the linkage arms or possibility the flapper valve on the airbox.

Can you post a video of the slapping in action?

ill try to post a video my phone broke the outher day so ill have to find my camera..

ok update so had the car running today wen i left for lunch my friend decided tweak with the carbs. and wen i came back lunch the car did not run at all i just found out that he that he tightend the float and air flow all the way down now i cant get the darn z started can some one tell me what the specks are and how to adjust them so factory spec's?? or seend me a video of how to do it i can not find one on u tube or nowhere else think you all

Edited by Jeremy Mizerak