IGNORED

will early 260 interiot parts fit my series 1 240?

EverRude

Have a bead on an early 260 parts car. But I primarily need interior pieces. Console, door panels, etc... will they fit my car. Not concerned with originality just function.

Unrelated to interior but guy says he has l28 5 speed but doesn't know whether it came from z or zx. Where are numbers I can look up located on tranny or is there and easy way to determine what it is?

Thanks

Edited by EverRude

Have a bead on an early 260 parts car. But I primarily need interior pieces. Console, door panels, etc... will they fit my car. Not concerned with originality just function.

Unrelated to interior but guy says he has l28 5 speed but doesn't know whether it came from z or zx. Where are numbers I can look up located on tranny or is there and easy way to determine what it is?

Thanks

Let me know how the door panels are. It could be worth your while.

Steve

And sure Steve. I never even thought to ask the colors. He's says he's had to car since only slightly used (worked at a dealership in early 80's and it was a tradein or something). But has had it parked outside under a tarp in north florida. So basically now it's a ball of rust.

I thought 260 was literally a transistion car?

Somewhat, and then only in America.

Early 260's were really 240's and later 260's were 280's.

It's not like a solid date that everything changed. Many interior parts (Such as door panels, dash and center console) were in common with the 75 280Z. Carburetors were shared with the 73 240Z. I don't have a detailed list, but if you REALLY want to know when different parts changed, look at all of the different pages in the microfiche link in my signature.

I'm understanding that wrong?

Parts is parts. Some fit. Some don't.